So I was hanging around a little house in the middle of France. There was no place in the village to get internet and we didn’t have TV either, so iPods were the only technological source of entertainment. And then… one day mine broke! I freaked out but was able to order a new one, cost quite a lot. Since it was my birthday present to myself I decided to buy new earphones. I picked out these blue ones from Carrefour before I knew what kind of case I was making, so I was quite pleased when it turned out to match perfectly.
I found some vintage comic books (in French) in an upstairs bedroom and fell in love with a series of black, white, and blue images. I covered the papers in masking tape and cut out the shapes with an X-acto knife, then used more tape to assemble the case.
The next day I made the black and white case for my friend. This one was much more modular, with just 2 pieces–the sides were part of the front and back. Not only was it quicker the second time around, it did come out better. But mine has the matching earphones.
The closure is just a long tab that slips in over the top of the iPod. There is a layer of tape over the clicker wheel and the screen has bits of plastic from our chausson aux pommes box. I made these in March and they are still holding up quite well.